What is Specify for a Cure®?
Specify for a Cure® is the cause marketing program of the Mohawk Group, benefiting Susan G. Komen®. As a corporate partner, we have made a commitment to provide ongoing support to Komen with our corporate donation and additional contributions based on carpet you specify for your projects. Our goal is to help spread awareness about breast cancer and the importance of early detection.
Specify for a Cure began in 2001 with a commitment to our community of architects and designers, many of whom have been touched by breast cancer, either directly or indirectly. The program has had an overwhelming response from our customers and employees, and support has continued to grow. We are pleased to celebrate this ongoing partnership with Komen in the fight against breast cancer.
- Since 2001, we have contributed more than $3.2 million to Komen on behalf of our customers and employees.
- Mohawk Group is a proud member of Komen's Million Dollar Council.
- We have now also partnered with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation to bring the fight north to Canada.
How can you participate?
Take a moment to think about the people you know, and the lives that have been touched by breast cancer, directly or indirectly. Is it someone in your family — a mother, a sister, a daughter, an aunt? A friend of the family? A co-worker or business associate? Let your commitment begin here, with the conviction that this disease can be conquered. Know that your next specification will contribute to the fight against breast cancer.
- It's simple—just specify 500 yards or more from any of the eligible Mohawk Group carpet collections or any Durkan Definity or Durkan print carpet and we will donate $.25 per square yard of carpet to Susan G. Komen®. Specify 1000 square feet or more of the eligible hard surface collection and we will donate $.10 per square foot of hard surface flooring sold.
- For your contribution, we extend to you our gratitude for your business and will send an acknowledgement certificate regarding the donation made on behalf of your company.
What is Susan G. Komen®?
Susan G. Komen is the world’s largest breast cancer organization, funding more breast cancer research than any other nonprofit while providing real-time help to those facing the disease. Since its founding in 1982, Komen has funded more than $804 million in research and provided $1.7 billion in funding to screening, education, treatment and psychosocial support programs serving millions of people in more than 30 countries worldwide. Komen was founded by Nancy G. Brinker, who promised her sister, Susan G. Komen, that she would end the disease that claimed Suzy’s life. Visit www.komen.org or call 1-877 GO KOMEN.
In Good Company
As one of Komen’s corporate partner, the Mohawk Group has joined an elite list of blue-chip partners. The partnerships with these companies provide an opportunity for individuals to join in the fight against breast cancer and help spread the life-saving message of early detection to millions of women and men around the world — in a way that is meaningful to them. Since contributing more than $3.03 million, the Mohawk Group is a member of Komen's Pink Ribbon Circle, and sits in good company with other partners such as Acushnet, Belk, United States Bowling Congress, Carlisle, Deluxe, Hallmark, KitchenAid, Major League Baseball, Payless, Princess Cruises, RE/MAX, Wacoal, WWE and Zeta Tau Alpha. For a complete list visit: www.komen.org
Taking the Fight to Canada
In the United States, Mohawk Group has been a corporate partner with the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation for the last 12 years, with its Specify for a Cure program. Now, we have partnered with the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation to bring the fight North. As a corporate partner, we have made a commitment to provide ongoing support to the Canadian Breast Cancer Foundation with contributions based on carpet you specify for your projects. With the goal being to help spread awareness about breast cancer and the importance of early detection.